The NSF-CREST Center for Cellular and Biomolecular Machines is offering a paid fellowship for UC Merced undergraduate students interested in gaining hands-on research experience across STEM disciplines and participating in professional development activities during the academic year.
CREST Scholars Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program details:
- Conduct research with a CCBM faculty member for at least 10 hours per week during academic year;
- Participate in CREST Scholars Research Symposium (Saturday, April 19, 2020); and
- Prep for applications for internships, jobs and grad school
The award is $1,200 per semester.
UC Merced enrolled full-time undergraduate students with at least two semesters of college experience (GPA 3.0 or above). Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident to receive funding, per NSF guidelines (non-U.S. citizens may apply, including DACA students, however, they will not be eligible to receive funding). Previous CREST Scholars must reapply. Students from underrepresented groups, women and students with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Those who are selected are required not to engage in other research projects.
- Research experience in bioengineering, physics, chemistry and chemical biology, materials science and engineering;
- Experimental learning & hands-on training on cutting edge research instrumentation;
- Research and academic guidance and mentoring from CCBM faculty and graduate students;
- Professional development & networking activities; and
- Special priority for summer research experiences (REU’s) at partner institutions throughout the U.S.
Open from Thursday, Aug. 15 at 8 a.m. through Sunday, Sept. 15 at 11:59 p.m. (midnight).
To apply, visit: http://bit.ly/2M5fkvX