CHEER is offering a 4-day course on cost-effectiveness and decision modeling using Excel and TreeAge (statistical software for decision analysis) from October 1 to 4, 2018, at the University of California, Merced. Co-instructors Professor Paul Brown (UC Merced), and Professor Jorge Diaz and Professor Alex Moreno (National University of Colombia) will cover the principles of cost-effectiveness analysis and decision analytic modeling and guide participants in implementing decision trees, Markov models, and microsimulation models using Excel and TreeAge. The workshop will also cover more advanced topics, such as probabilistic sensitivity analysis and model calibration.
Participants will be expected to have some degree of knowledge of basic concepts of economic evaluations. Participants are also expected to be familiar with Excel. For those with little or no knowledge of economic evaluations, we will be providing a two-day workshop entitled Cost Analysis and Return on Investment from healthcare programs on Monday September 24 and Tuesday September 25, 2018. Registration of this workshop is separate from the registration for the COST EFFECTIVENESS AND DECISION ANALYSIS course.
The total cost for the course is $300, which covers lunches and expenses. Travel and accommodation is not included. A small amount of funding is available to cover workshop fees. To apply for a waiver, please follow the appropriate link below:
This course is primarily designed for fiscal analysts and researchers who would like experience in conducting economic evaluations, including cost effectiveness, cost utility, and cost benefit analysis.
The following are topics that will be covered across the four days of the course. We will send more information as the day approaches.
- Day 1: Introduction to cost effectiveness decision trees modelling
- Day 2: Probabilistic modelling and fitting distributions
- Day 3: Markov modelling
- Day 4: Analysis and presenting simulation results
- Dates: October 1 to 4, 2018
- Place: UC Merced Campus
- Cost: $300 (to cover lunches and expenses)
- Travel and accommodations: You are expected to arrange and pay for your travel and accommodations
- For more information on course content, Contact Paul Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
- To register online, select a link above. Contact Amelia Johnson at HSRI@ucmerced.edu with registration questions
- Professor Paul Brown (PhD Economics)
- Professor Jorge Augusto Díaz Rojas (PhD Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- Mr. Alexander Moreno Calderón (PhD candidate in Systems and Computer Engineering)
- Dr. Jorge Medina Parra (MD)