HSRI staff can help you prepare, compile and submit your grant proposals and applications, whether to large federal agencies like the National Institutes of Health and National Science Foundation, to foundations, such as the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, or to smaller granting agencies, like the UC Cancer Research Coordinating Committee or the Tobacco Related Disease Research Program.
With good preparation the grants process can run very smoothly - be sure to contact us as soon as you identify a potential funding source or have an idea for a proposal.
Our grants assistance service aims to be comprehensive. We will:
- Help prepare your draft budget, Cayuse SP record, financial conflict of interest forms and all other internal UC Merced documentation;
- Liaise with the Sponsored Projects Office, Research Development Services and your School to ensure a coordinated effort;
- Liaise with on- and off-campus collaborators;
- Compile and prepare your application for grants.gov, Fastlane, Proposal Central or other system as appropriate;
- Help identify sources of funding for your projects;
- Manage your HSRI-submitted grants post-award, including purchasing, travel and hiring.
You can also find some sample language on our resources page to help you prepare parts of your grant applications (such as facilities & resources, budget justification, etc.)
For more information, or to begin a proposal, please contact Trevor Hirst at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone on (209) 756-6417 or call our main office on (209) 228-2491.